Educators connecting with students - courage
Back to the future
There seems to be an effort in many levels of education to simplify and return to the golden age of education when administering teaching and learning was easier.
Standardization: 2nd way of service delivery
I cannot describe this golden age but it has something to do with not being able to deal with;
- feeling confused by multiple options,
- moving from knowing systems,
- moving from knowing procedures,
- moving from knowing processes,
- moving from knowing methodology,
- moving from knowing content, and
- moving to knowing the student.
The simple question I have
Do we as educators want to connect with our students;
- do we want to connect on our terms, or
- do we want to connect in courage and compassion to embrace the vulnerability of our learning relationships?