Benefits of Virtual Reality in the Classroom
Virtual Reality in the Classroom
- Active rather than passive experience
- Immersive experience means no distractions
- Immediate engagement: useful in today’s world of limited attention spans.
- Exploration and hands on approach aids with learning and retention.
- Helps with understanding complex subjects/theories/concepts
- Suited to all types of learning styles, e.g. visual
- Increase attention span and engagement through challenges
- Learning as experienced
- Expeditions without leaving the classroom
- Boost creativity
- Digital Fluency
- Peer-to-peer support, interaction and collaboration
- Personal skills
Plus it is a good way of getting your students to explore ideas in real time and in an exploratory setting. Here they have the chance to discover new ways of learning via semi or fully immersive technologies in which interaction is the main focus.